Dog Friendly Tintern
What does the Dog Friendly Tintern logo mean?The historic village of Tintern and its surrounding area is part of the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is magnificent - and ideal dog walking country with many well marked trails, and great places to eat, drink, shop and stay.
Dogs, and their human families, will receive a warm welcome when they visit and as many facilities as possible will be accessible to visitors who have brought dogs with them.
Businesses displaying the Dog Friendly Tintern logo will welcome canine companions in all or part of their premises.
Some pubs and shops have special facilities, such as water, tying up points or free poo bags, whilst the accommodation businesses offer a varied range of services from gated gardens to muddy paws towels, dog wash taps, dog menus, spare leads and more!.
Look for the logo and ask what each individual business can offer.
Businesses supporting Dog Friendly Tintern
- Abbey Mill Dogs welcome in the coffee house, all shops and grounds. Water bowls, doggy treats and poo bags provided.
- Crafticalia Dogs welcome in the shop.
- Craigo Barn Holiday Cottage Two dogs welcome.
- Filling Station Café Dogs welcome inside and out. Water bowl and poo bags provided. Special 'Scoop' Ice Cream from Marshfield Ice Creams.
- Forest Cottage B&B Dogs welcome in the rooms.
- Hill Farm Forest Retreats One dog-friendly holiday room. Group camping space where dogs are welcome.
- Monmouthshire Cottages Two dogs welcome at all cottages. Lots of extras provided. Recommended dog-friendly place.
- Parva Farm Vineyard Dogs welcome on leads on the vineyard tour and in the shop. There is seating outside if they prefer to sit out there for wine tasting. Water bowl provided.
- Rose & Crown Pub Dogs welcome in all areas.
- Stella and Rose's Books Dogs welcome in the shop. Water bowl provided.
- The Anchor Inn Dogs welcome in all areas. Water bowl provided.
- The Fountain Inn Dogs welcome in all areas.
- The Old Rectory B&B Dogs welcome in all rooms.
- The Old Station Dogs welcome in the café and grounds. Water bowl provided.
- The Royal George Hotel Dogs welcome in the bar, garden and rooms. Water bowl and dog-washing station provided.
- The Spirit of the Green Man Studio, Abbey Mill Dogs welcome in the studio.
- Tintern Abbey Dogs on leads welcome in the grounds.
- Tintern Garage Dogs welcome in the office.
- White Monk Shop and Café Dogs welcome in the shop, café and outside sitting area
- Wye Valley Craft Association, Abbey Mill Dogs welcome in the shop. Water bowl provided.
- Wye Valley Hotel Dogs welcome in the bar and some rooms (but not in the restaurant).
Throughout Tintern you will see waste bins displaying the Dog Friendly Bin logo, where filled poo bags can cleanly be placed. (In case you have left your spare poo bags at home, pick up a bag free of charge either from selected businesses or from dispensers soon to be placed around the village.)
We ask that everyone helps keep our beautiful surroundings hygienic by clearing up after your dog.
Your help is requested to spread the word that Tintern is Dog Friendly!
More information is available from firstname.lastname@example.org
Vivien Richards, email email@example.com